Monday, June 22, 2009

EL Oral Communication: DAY 5

PICTURE DISCUSSION

This picture depicts a scene of a classroom. There are three students in uniform and a woman, most likely their teacher, standing round a table. They seem to be carrying out an experiment as there is a retort-stand on the table, with a pulley system hanging from it. None of the students are smiling as their experiment might have met with some problems, which is why the presence of the teacher. The teacher is tugging on a rope of the pulley system, probably trying to help the students out with their experiment.

CONVERSATION

Personally, I do not have any preferences in the subjects taught at school. However, if need be, I will say Geography. Learning Geography, I get to know more about the world I live in, which is actually rather interesting. I learn about rivers, waterfalls, gorges and even the movement of Mother Earth's crusts!!!! I am not exactly a hands-on person. However, I do not mind working with my hands; I get to really feel the process of it all. In a way, it is better to learn from doing things as you get to experience the actual process at the same time.
I do think that some subjects such as English, are more important than others in school. To learn anything, the basic requirement is to know your language. For example, when you are doing math problem sums, you have to know your English well in order to understand the question, and not misinterpret cause of a language barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment